Ivy GuruKul, through its CSA (Common Sense Approach to College Admissions) Program helps students and parents understand the college admissions process by providing information that they can use to make better decisions throughout their high school career.
What is CSA?
If you have an ambitious or high-achieving child, please enter the GuruKul to explore whether your child can benefit from one of the extracurriculars we are passionate (and sort of crazy) about: Public Speaking & Debate, Leadership through Community Involvement & Entrepreneurship, and Golf.
The CSA runs for 12 weeks (1 hr/week). Each week covers 1 or 2 specific topics via a 30 minute talk followed by 30 minutes of Q&A with students and parents. Sample topics of discussion are: Standardized Tests, GPA, Extracurriculars, Summer Programs, Research Opportunities, Internships, Family Responsibilities, Sports, Good Citizenship, Leadership etc.
Some students are born leaders, while others become one by virtue of a series of small accomplishments through hard work and persistence. Through the CSA, we teach and motivate kids and parents to not only set short and long term goals and work diligently to achieve them, but also help find answers to a wide range of questions such as:
• Are you an ethical and hard working student, a good neighbor, and a responsible citizen? Proceed further only if you can honestly answer yes to these 3 questions.
• What Extra–curricular activities match your personality?
• Is sports your 'thing'? If yes, what kind - individual or team? How much is too much or too little?
• Are you on track to become a recruited athlete? Our data-based research might surprise you.
• Is being 'well-rounded' a thing of the past?
• Do you really need to take all the available AP classes?
• Are you even pursuing the right colleges?
Warren Buffet on the importance of Public Speaking.
An Inspirational Speech by Dr. Steven Cohen: One of Coach K's Favorite Professors at Harvard.